Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Morrilton, Arkansas was founded by the Holy Ghost Fathers from Marienstatt, Germany, in 1879. Part of the 125th Anniversary celebration in 2004 was a pilgrimage to Marienstatt organized and led by George R. Hoelzeman. A special feature of this pilgrimage was the presentation to the Abbey of a carving of the Sacred Heart. The heart of the carving is a piece of wood taken from the old altar which once stood in the original parish church in Morrilton which the Holy Ghost Fathers named Marienstadt after their home in Germany. That altar was built in 1891 and was moved into the new church in Morrilton after a tornado destroyed the Marienstadt settlement in 1892. In 1982 the altar was reconstructed by the late A.J. Hoelzeman and placed in the day chapel of Sacred Heart's new church.
Material: Cherry, unknown wood (heart)